Sunday 8 March 2009

Four Months From Today . . .

. . . I will be 29 and on my way to London's Gatwick Airport (via Dublin). I can't believe that it's coming so quickly! Now I'm starting to really try to break down all of the things that I want to do so that I can see as much as possible in the 6 weeks that I'm there. I've got a list of about 67 things that I want to do in England and Wales. I haven't even figured out what I want to see and do while Chris and I are in Scotland. Here are some of the highlights of my plans thus far (AKA, the things on my list with the highest priority):

BBC Backstage Tour and Participate as an audience member
Big Ben
Cadbury World
Chelsea Blues (soccer) stadium tour and Museum
Doctor Who Exhibition (in Cardiff)
London Zoo (where Winnie the Pooh was created according to the movie "A Bear Named Winnie")
Madame Tussauds Wax Musseum
Notting Hill and Portabello Road Market
Picadilly Circus
Roald Dahl Museum
St. Paul's Cathedral
Tower Bridge Exhibition
Victoria and Albert Museum of Childhood
As well as numerous filming spots for Doctor Who and Torchwood.

That's just the tip of the iceberg for what I want to see and do. I swear that planning is half the fun of a trip. Apparently my excitement over the planning of this trip is contagious because Chris is getting into it at well. I love that he's almost as thrilled about my trip as I. My April vacation trip to California will be my packing practice for the summer.

I'm waiting for my friends to get fed up with the subject of most any conversation I have being my trip. Though I think they are secretly going to have a pool as to whether or not I actually come back from this summer and if I do come back, how long it will be before I go back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment