Wednesday 15 July 2009

A quiet day for once . . .

For the first time since I set foot on British soil, I took it easy. I had a bit of a lie-in (if getting up at 8:45 is lying-in) and took my time getting around. I was going to meander around here today but it was raining and I didn't feel like braving the elements right away. Around 11:00 it cleared up and I decided that I was going to hit a couple of the shops I didn't get to yesterday. I went to a shop called Forbidden Planet which is a geeks dream! I also went to Paperchase which is one of my favourite brands of paper goods and the like. I didn't have to change trains, I didn't have to carry 9,000 pounds of food back on the tube and I was home at a decent hour. I still walked a ways, but after yesterday it was nothing!

Later in the afternoon I decided to make myself a cream tea. For those of you who are not familiar with a cream tea, it's basically afternoon tea with scones, jam and clotted cream. I had picked up all of the ingredients at Sainsbury's yesterday so I decided to treat myself. Clotted cream is something you just can't get in the states unless you get shelf stable clotted cream at a British Imports store. It's like an unsalted creamy butter for lack of a better description. Totally decadent!

Now I want to figure out what to do Friday (tomorrow I'm going out to Chris's house for his birthday). I'll be coming into London at probably 10:00am and I'll already be in central London so I want to see where I should go from there.

4 comments:

  1. Melissa and Ann15 July 2009 at 22:53

    I am proud of you for taking some time to yourself and to take some pics of your new baby Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are really enjoying yourself.I am so happy for you. I look forward to your daily blog. Thanks for sharing. All the best, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are resting today. Your body needs it. Glad you are having a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying your blog.. I feel like I'm there with you.. Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us... Have fun, and enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete